Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Monday 3 September 2012

Carluccio's

I have a very good relationship with carbs. I love my (pan) pizza and pasta. That is why I am a fan of Pizza Hut, Pizza Express and lately, Carluccio's. The nice thing about Carluccio's is that you are not limited to just plain old pizza and pasta. Here, you can have seafood dishes as well. I mean, I am also a lover of seafood, so what is there not to like at Carluccio's.

My default order are alwasy, Crispy Calamari, Seafood pasta and Tiramisu for dessert. But on our last trip there, aside from my usual starter and mains, I decided to take a detour and order Panna Cottta and I just made a very good decision on that very day because I just love it. I have tasted this dessert before but they always seem to be rubbery and bland. At Carluccio's, it is so soft, a melt in your mouth jelly like softness with with a nice hint of the vanilla flavour. While eating it, I was already thinking when I am going have it again.



Another winner on their dessert menu is this lovely gelato which the little girl had. So, glad she did not finish it because I did it for her without any struggle as it was so good.



Here are our mains which deserve some accolades as well. 

I am actually going to have this next time. This Cheese and Spinach Ravioli is to die for. It is so divine. The moment you bite into it, the beautiful taste of cheese and spinach hits you and you're in heaven.


This was my Seafood pasta that I have been craving for the night before and as expected, it did not disappoint.


And below is the crispy and very tasty Calamari.



The little girl's Spaghetti Meatballs was very lovely, too and oh yes, I did finish that for her as well.

After our meal, a look at their take home section had me buying some of these nice treats. I really enjoyed them with a cup of tea. Perfect as presents for relatives and friends.





I also love their restaurant interiors, very clean and cozy wherever you are in the country. We actually went this time to their Wimbledon Village branch. The staff are superb and helpful too.

image source



Carluccio's 
Wimbledon Village
25 High Street, Wimbledon
London SW19 5DX



No comments: