Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Saturday 29 December 2012

Boxing Day

Every year I tell myself that I will not brave the Boxing day sale crown again only to find myself the next year saying the same thing. 

For this year's Boxing day sale, we went to Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford, right across the Olympic stadium. This is one of the newest shopping centres in London and considered one of the biggest in Europe.

There was so much traffic and the one hour journey took two hours and a half though thankfully we did not have a lot of trouble getting a parking space. Inside was a different story. It was packed and there were queues in most shops. Hollister in particular had a very long queue that snaked on the way round to the other side of the mall. Then I learned it was fifty percent off. No wonder. 

I was on a mission. I did not want to be distracted. I wanted to focus on getting myself a long awaited pair of black boots in the sale. But unfortunately for my wallet but fortunately for me, we passed by Victoria's Secret (my downfall) and I came out of the shop with two gift sets which were half price. Not bad and too good to pass.

It was mission accomplished too, in the boots department. The perfect knee high length, soft black leather and so comfortable.


It was mission accomplished too in the food department. We had a hearty dinner in one of the Chinese restaurant there. Then we had dessert at Pinkberry.


It was a lovely day albeit tiring and I have a feeling we will be doing the same thing next year.

No comments: