Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Monday 27 October 2014

Five Faves

I can say that finally, Autumn has arrived. The air is crisp and the nights are longer. The leaves have turned a golden hue. My five current favourites does not only include items from my beauty cupboard but from my wardrobe as well. These I would say, would take me from Autumn through the winter. Here goes. 


Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil – When I saw this being tried on by one of the makeup gurus that I follow online, I could not wait to get my hands on it.  I liked how well pigmented it looked on her lips. Once I tried it myself, I was sold. It is very rich in colour and very creamy. The staying power is phenomenal that not even any of my high end lipsticks could beat and for only £4.99 a pop, I hoarded. My favourite shades at the moment are Light Up and Keep It Classy. Both perfect for Autumn.


Bioderma – My best buy from Paris did not come from a designer shop. It came from one of the French Pharmacies instead and it is Bioderma Crealine H20. This great makeup remover has a cult following from models to professional makeup artists. I developed a growing curiosity so I grabbed a bottle the moment I had the chance on my recent trip to Paris. True enough, it is a very good makeup remover. It removes even the most stubborn of eye makeup. I have used a few other brands before but nothing comes as good as Bioderma

Dior Inspired Earrings – I have to admit I was not quite sure when I saw Dior’s Mise En Dior Tribal earrings, even when celebrities started wearing them. Then a friend sent me a similar pair and surprise, surprise, I fell in love with them. And I love the mixed comments I hear whenever I wear them. 


Ripped Jeans – I can definitely say I have been living in them since I got them. I love how I can dress them up or down. I normally wear my pair with white shirt and black faux leather jacket and a pair of converse or ankle boots now that it is cooler but if I want to dress them up, I throw on a blazer and heels, put on some bold lips and I am good to go. 



Chanel Nail Polish in Accesoire – I have expressed my love for Chanel nail polish time and again and despite buying other brands, I keep coming back to my first love when it comes to my nails. The price could burn a hole in your pocket if you are not careful as you could easily get hooked. Though with the quality that you get, I say you are better off buying one good bottle of nail polish that stays on your nails for days, that does not chip easily than get several cheap alternatives that does not do the job which will end up forgotten at the back of your cupboard. I particularly love this particular nail colour for Autumn and I normally alternate it with the shade Black Pearl.

No comments: