Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Saturday 11 October 2014

My Special Birthday

All birthdays are special but when it is a milestone birthday, the more special it is. For my special milestone birthday last year, I knew what I wanted. I wanted it to be small and intimate with just a handful of close friends and since I love afternoon tea, it was a no brainer. No, I did not want an afternoon tea themed party but the real deal. I wanted to experience that quintessential British tradition but not in the comforts of my own home, where I usually have mine but in a quaint and elegant setting complete with pretty china and gleaming silverware. The Marriott's Hanbury Manor in Hertfordshire was the perfect choice.



Before going to the venue, I met up with my girl friends for brunch at home.


A simple meal was served at home to tie us up until our afternoon tea.



Afternoon Tea was served in the grand Oak Hall with views of the English countryside. The dark wood panelling and open fireplace added opulence to the already grand setting.


A harp was being played at one corner which made the experience heavenly.


A selection of finely cut sandwiches, dainty little pastries and cakes and freshly baked scones, the melt in your mouth variety, were served in beautiful layer trays.


There was a selection of tea to choose from but since I am a creature of habit, I always gladly stick with my English Breakfast tea.


The cakes and pastries were very well made and deliciously melts in your mouth and the scones were the best scones I have ever had. 

Service was flawless. 





It was a wonderful birthday spent with my favourite people in the world, in a place that that was perfect for me and nothing could be better than that.

No comments: