Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Sunday 12 May 2013

My Seafood Pasta

I love seafood pasta so much that every time we are in an Italian restaurant, that is my default order. Whether we are in Carluccio's, Bella Italia or Loch Fyme, you can always guess my order. It has been a while since we visited this restaurants and I have been craving for my seafood pasta. So, I decided to have it in the comforts of my own kitchen.

I have scoured the internet for a recipe and little did I know that I have it in one of my recipe books gathering dust in my kitchen work top. Imagine my surprise and glee as it is from one of my fave celebrity chefs, Gino D' Acampo.



I gathered my ingredients without delay.


The recipe was quite simple and easy though I had to tweak it a bit in the end as it lacked something when I tasted it. I added a knob of butter once everything was cooked and that added more taste and creaminess. It was buttery, garlicky and hot at the same time. It was loveliness in a bowl.


Gino's on the left and mine on the right.

Mine looked a bit bland and bare as I did not have tomatoes available in my kitchen but the taste definitely was not compromised. I really enjoyed it beyond words. And so did the husband.

Here's the recipe:

LINGUINE WITH GARLIC, PRAWNS AND SPINACH


300g linguine
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove,slice
150g spinach leaves
400g uncooked prawns, peeled
4 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsely
grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
10 cherry tomatoes quartered

Cook the pasta in a large saucepan in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.

Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the garlic for 1 minute until golden brown. Add the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.

Add the prawns with the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and continue to cook for 2 minutes.

Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the frying pan, then lower the heat.

Add the lemon zest and cherry tomatoes and stir everything together for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.

I added a knob of butter on the pan and once melted, I stir and mixed with the finished product. 


Enjoy!


No comments: