Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Saturday 25 May 2013

Macarons

I cannot remember when and how my love affair with macarons started. I might have read about it or came across it in the shops but I remember my first proper taste of a proper macaron at Laduree in Harrods which I wrote about here.  Pierre Herme is another brand of macaron which I love, well actually, I love it more than Laduree but as much as I do not see many Laduree shops around London, I only know of one Pierre Herme shop and it is not a proper cafe, it is just a kiosk in Selfridges. 

So the other day, as we were traipsing around London, we came across this lovely and quaint Laduree cafe in Burlington Arcade. 


This is what greeted me when I went in, aside of course from the lovely, sweet smell of the macarons. The shop interior reminded me more of  Gaudi's structures in Barcelona than anything French. It is lovely otherwise.


The interior of the shop was small but there are tables and chairs right outside where you can have tea or coffee with you macarons.

Deciding which ones to get is always the hardest when you are faced with this array of deliciousness.



My favourites are pistachio, salted caramel, coffee and recently,the strawberry candy marshmallow

The hubby bought two boxes, the hubby paid for the two boxful of macarons that I chose.

This is afternoon tea at home today.



It has to be Laduree or Piere Herme for me. The others just do not measure up. 

What's yours? 

No comments: