Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Importance of Me Time


If truth be told, we ladies tend to overlook ourselves because we are always too busy taking care of our squad. Aside from running a household, we also bring home the bacon. Gone were the days when the lady of the house stays in the house. With the rise of girl power and feminism, we not only want to run our household, we also want to run the world. Nothing wrong with that. In fact everybody wins. Unfortunately, we forget ourselves in the long run. We get drained and eventually, our surroundings gets affected. 

Someone once said that we need to fill up our well to be able to pour out from it. This is why having that much needed time for ourselves is very important for us to be able to take care of others. 

Studies suggest that making time for ourselves and making ourselves a priority makes us happier and more able to take care of the people around us. Not only that, it also improves concentration making us more productive and strengthens our relationships. 

So how should we spend our me time? I for one believes in the power of me time. For me, it does not have to be elaborate. Doing the things I love always does the trick. I love to read so having a couple of hours reading a book or  browsing my favourite sites online is good for me. Watching my favourite series or programs uninterrupted is another thing. Spending time with a friend to catch up with things also counts for me. But my ultimate me time is being able to leisurely browse the shops in my own time whether it is actual shopping or window shopping. 

Schedule time for yourself regularly, be it for a 30 minute run or a nap, whatever it is, it is the best thing you can do for your family as you will be in your best form to take care of them.



No comments: