Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Sunday 17 March 2013

Face Value

I can still remember the very first time I used a facial exfoliator and I can still remember the brand. It was St. Ives and the friend who introduced it to me goes by the name of Joy.That was many years ago in my early twenties but I have not had the joy of following a beauty regime until I hit my thirties. I read somewhere that this is the best time to start looking after your skin, the time to start preventing  premature wrinkles and sun spots.

I have been using anti-wrinkle moisturisers for almost a decade now with spf (oops revealing my age) and in the last year, I have been using anti-aging serum. 

Below are my favorite brands that has been proven and tested by moi.


I have been using Garnier deep pore wash since time immemorial. It really does what it says on the tin, anti blackhead as since I have started using this, I have noticed that the blackheads on my nose are nowhere to be seen. Another thing is that it has a mild exfoliating effect as it has tiny beads that is fine for daily scrubbing. I use a heavier scrub cream weekly and I love Clinique's 7 day scrub cream. Although it says could be used daily, I only use it weekly as I feel it is harsh enough for my skin to be used daily.

Toning is apparently also good for your skin but I tend to use it only because I feel it takes a lot of my residual makeup after I was my face. I love L'Oreal's age perfect. It smells nice, too.

I love Olay Total Effects for my daily moisturiser, my skin feels soft but not greasy. It also has spf 15, perfect for sun protection. I also use Olay for my night cream.

Once a week (on a good month), I use a face mask for some more TLC and I normally use The Body Shop's warming face cream. 

I used to put Estee Lauder's night concentrate serum right before my night cream but I did not notice any difference to my skin nor feel anything different so after one bottle, I stopped. I have found Clarin's double serum (not in photo) to be a lot better and after using the sample sachet, I noticed a difference.

 I have been using the above products for a long time now as I find that they really work for me.

There, my basic skincare regime.

What's yours?

No comments: