Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Saturday 28 July 2012

London Olympics 2012: Right At Our Doorstep



The London Olympics opening ceremony, the two hour showcase of British history made me feel lucky to be able to call this place my second home. I have been living here for over 10 years but I only learned so many historical facts in the last 2 hours. Kudos to director David Boyle ( Slumdog Millionaire)


The inclusion of the NHS nurses made me feel luckier and more proud, being a an NHS nurse myself. I wonder why they did not include Florence Nightingale being the pioneer of nursing in the Crimean war when she was British as well.


They were more keen to include Mary Poppins.

I think the inclusion of James Bond with him and the queen jumping from the helicopter signalling the queen's arrival in the Olympic stadium was brilliant.





. We were not lucky enough to score tickets for the opening ceremony or any games for that matter but are more than lucky to score ticket to get into the Olympic park for a day during the Olympics. It will be good enough for me to be able to savour the Olympic vibe, something to write home about.

The London Olympics 2012 opening ceremony was a spectacular production, brilliant as the British would say. To quote Sebastian Coe, London Olympic Chairman, "I have never been more proud to be British"  even if I'm only British by passport and citizenship.


Images via the web

No comments: