Replace "http://www.thestagemommydiaries.com"/>

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Lisboa

I have to be honest, Portugal is not one of the places that I wanted to visit. We were doing a little pilgrimage to the Fatima Shrine which was the main reason why we travelled to the country. I guess I underestimated it. After a brief tour (less than a day) of the city of Lisbon, I am in love. The city is full of character and charm. I am not a lover of architecture but the beautiful buildings with colorful mosaic tile walls and little balconies really had me at hello. It is not the cleanest city but the graffitis that are all over the place gives it its rough edges. I  loved walking its small alley ways and cobbled streets. It is not a bustling city as I recall. Being there gives you that sleepy town feel and that is what I liked about it. 









Vasco De Gama bridge highly resembles the Golden Gate bridge in SF.






that's me in the corner...that's me in the spotlight.


the cutest McDonald's branch ever.


Beautiful mosaic tiled walls.




Tram transport system




No comments: